[mou] eastern migration component and what species to dream for

Robert_Russell@fws.gov Robert_Russell@fws.gov
Wed, 27 Sep 2006 09:09:11 -0500

--0__=09BBFB65DFDF200F8f9e8a93df938690918c09BBFB65DFDF200F

There appears to be a definite eastern component to this fall's migrati=
on
due in part to the persistent NE/E winds we have had but also some stro=
ng
upper air flows from Greenland and NE Canada blowing over northeastern =
USA
and adjacent Canada.  Increased numbers of jaegers, red phalaropes as f=
ar
west as North Dakota, Arctic (note the two c's) terns and inland purple=

sandpipers, increased numbers of red knots, even a multitude of wheatea=
rs
in the Northeast and at Thunder Bay.  We should be looking for brant, m=
aybe
alcids, maybe Greenland white-fronted Geese, barnacle geese, northern
gannets, maybe even the fabled northern fulmar which has been recorded =
near
the east side of Lake Superior in Ontario in other years.  This weather=

pattern is quite unusual and more surprises are in store.  Bob Russell,=

Dakota County=

--0__=09BBFB65DFDF200F8f9e8a93df938690918c09BBFB65DFDF200F

ation due in part to the persistent NE/E winds we have had but also som=
e strong upper air flows from Greenland and NE Canada blowing over nort=
heastern USA and adjacent Canada.  Increased numbers of jaegers, red ph=
alaropes as far west as North Dakota, Arctic (note the two c's) terns a=
nd inland purple sandpipers, increased numbers of red knots, even a mul=
titude of wheatears in the Northeast and at Thunder Bay.  We should be =
looking for brant, maybe alcids, maybe Greenland white-fronted Geese, b=
arnacle geese, northern gannets, maybe even the fabled northern fulmar =
which has been recorded near the east side of Lake Superior in Ontario =
in other years.  This weather pattern is quite unusual and more surpris=
es are in store.  Bob Russell, Dakota County</body></html>=

--0__=09BBFB65DFDF200F8f9e8a93df938690918c09BBFB65DFDF200F--