[mou] Golden Eagle in Hennepin County?

Don Darnell darnell48@earthlink.net
Wed, 7 Feb 2007 18:53:43 -0600

------=_NextPart_216661183262305343484

Anyone else spot a solo eagle laboriously winging NW over Eden Prairie about 3:30 this afternoon?  I got off westbound MN-5 at Mitchell Road (60) and watched it with my bino as it caught up to me and then flew out of sight to the NW.  It looked like a "flying wing" with a small head. The young eagle, flapping constantly, just didn't look -- "feel" --  like an immature Bald; and when it turned slightly into the sun, I could see its nape and head was a solid light tawny color.  There were clean white patches underneath, but I thought they were too close to the body for it to be a Golden Eagle.  That said, it sure looked like one in every other way.

Feel confident I had a Golden in Hennepin today.

Don Darnell
Hennepin County

------=_NextPart_216661183262305343484

<HTML style="FONT-SIZE: x-small; FONT-FAMILY: MS Sans Serif"><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1251">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.5730.11" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<P>
<DIV>Anyone else&nbsp;spot a solo eagle laboriously winging NW over Eden Prairie about 3:30 this afternoon?&nbsp; I got off westbound MN-5 at Mitchell Road (60)&nbsp;and watched it with my bino as it caught up&nbsp;to me and then flew out of sight to the NW.&nbsp; It looked like a "flying wing" with&nbsp;a small head.&nbsp;The young eagle, flapping constantly, just didn't look -- "feel" -- &nbsp;like an immature Bald; and when it turned slightly into the sun, I could see its nape and head was a solid light tawny color.&nbsp; There were clean white patches underneath, but I thought they were too close to the body&nbsp;for it to be a Golden Eagle.&nbsp; That said, it sure looked like one in every other way.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Feel confident I had a Golden in Hennepin today.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Don Darnell</DIV>
<DIV>Hennepin County</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>