[mou] Highland Varied Thrush

linda birds@moosewoods.us
Fri, 16 Feb 2007 16:13:45 -0600

I was fortunate enough to see the varied thrush just a short time ago,
at about 2:45, at the Edgecumbe and Eleanor site. It is truly a lovely
creature--and a lifer for me.

The homeowner had introduced herself to me a couple of days ago, and is
most gracious about having folks park beside her yard. Since it's an
unfenced yard on an inclined street, one can park near the SE corner
(her property) of the intersection, and have a nice view of the feeder
area in her backyard, while remaining discreetly in the car. I've
brought her some mealworms, grapes, and dried cherries to feed, and plan
to bring more. The bird is surely "making the rounds" in this
well-appointed neighborhood because as she says, he looks healthy and
well-fed.

She said he's appearing regularly for short forays. If everyone uses
restraint about driving-speed, parking places, and duration, many people
should be able to see the bird, without disturbing the neighborhood.

Good luck--Linda Whyte