[mou] Raptors (Gyrfalcon included) at 180th street - Dakota Co.

Derek Bakken spottedtowhee@gmail.com
Fri, 16 Feb 2007 18:43:02 -0600

Hello,

I went to look for the Gyrfalcon again today and I finally got a really
good look and a serviceable photo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dobak/392485531/

The Gyr was sitting on the East/West red sprinkler (about 3:45pm) unit
between 170th and 180th streets about 30 yards off of Hwy 52.  I saw
him as I was headed to 180th street.  I u-turned at 180th and pulled
over along 52 to make sure and take a quick photo before moving along
up to 170th and hoping to see it there.  He was still there when I
drove away but was gone by the time I got to 170th and parked.  I left
around 5:15 and did not see it again.

However, for fans of raptors, it was a great day.

2 Bald Eagles in the fields
1 Red-tailed Hawk (sat on the north/south sprinklers for 5 minutes and
then left - seen a couple more times)
1 Cooper's Hawk (on the silo in the yard)
1 Peregrine Falcon (sitting on the north/south sprinklers for 15-20
minutes and then left)

-Derek Bakken