[mou] Carolina Wren, Hennepin Co.

alyssa tiger150@comcast.net
Sun, 18 Feb 2007 15:21:00 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C75370.65133A70

I was finally able to feast my eyes on the Carolina Wren! It hung out a =
lot in my neighbor's yard, so I went to ask what she puts out for them. =
She has a shallow, heated waterdish near a bush that it likes to hang =
out at. She puts twigs in there, too, but I don't know if that makes a =
difference or not. As for food, she does not have any mealworms. While I =
was talking with her, the wren visited a few times to her deck feeder =
(along with a House Sparrow, chickadees, and juncos), just a few yards =
away, and it seemed to like the popcorn. Another possibility is that it =
could be eating sunflower hearts (since its beak is not strong enough to =
crack sunflower seeds open) and shelled peanuts. At times it was puffed =
out a bit, just as any bird would be on a cold day, but many times it =
brought its head up high to see us through the window. However, we are =
both going to buy some dried mealworms to see if that works. I believe =
this bird was an adult.
   For directions to view the Carolina Wren, please e-mail. Good =
birding--

Alyssa DeRubeis
Golden Valley
------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C75370.65133A70

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I was finally able to feast my eyes on =
the Carolina=20
Wren! It hung out a lot in my neighbor's yard, so I went to ask what she =
puts=20
out for them. She has a shallow, heated waterdish near a bush that it =
likes to=20
hang out at. She puts twigs in there, too, but I don't know if that =
makes a=20
difference or not. As for food, she does not have any mealworms. While I =
was=20
talking with her, the wren visited a few times to her deck feeder (along =
with a=20
House Sparrow, chickadees, and juncos), just a few yards away, and it =
seemed to=20
like the popcorn. Another possibility is that it could be eating =
sunflower=20
hearts (since its beak is not strong enough to crack sunflower seeds =
open) and=20
shelled peanuts. At times it was puffed out a bit, just as any bird =
would be on=20
a cold day,&nbsp;but many times it brought its head up high to see us =
through=20
the window. However, we are both going to buy some dried mealworms to =
see if=20
that works. I believe this bird was an adult.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;For directions to =
view the=20
Carolina Wren, please e-mail. Good birding--</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Alyssa DeRubeis</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Golden =
Valley</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C75370.65133A70--