[mou] single owl hoot I.D.

owlwise owlwise <walterjhuss@peoplepc.com>
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 22:35:41 -0500 (EST)

  Hi everyone, I hope this isn't off base, but I was out in the woods on the U.P. of MI., and heard an owl at night very close. It made a single note hoot, only  2 or 3 times, and moved on. It was a deep Barred owl or Great Horned owl sounding hoot. Any ideas of what kind of owl it was and what the single hoot is for?

  Walt