[mou] Carolina Wren today

alyssa tiger150@comcast.net
Tue, 27 Feb 2007 18:22:14 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C75A9C.34694260

Thanks for posting, Diane. I was glad my mom let it out of the garage!
Yesterday after 3, one of the wrens was feeding at my ground feeder in =
the presence of a squirrel! The wren(s) hanged around for a while after =
that.
I heard the male singing around 7am this morning. He used at least three =
different song types, including a distinct one: =
"cheer-walla-cheer-walla-cheer-walla-cheer-walla-cheer." A very loud =
bird (I could even hear him from downstairs!)
At about 3pm today, a birding couple came to see the wrens. The male was =
heard singing across Glenwood. There is a big marsh area over there. I =
know one of the neighbors over there and I'll talk to her about it and =
see if it has possible nesting sites. A little after that, the birders =
saw one of the wrens in Mary Seigler's (dark brown house) feeder closest =
to her house, on the north side of her house. They said that they had =
some excellent views of the wren.
Thank you to all who have been coming to see these birds. It's real nice =
that everyone is so interested in them! Hope spring's around the =
corner--

Alyssa DeRubeis
Golden Valley
------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C75A9C.34694260

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks for posting, Diane. I was glad =
my mom let it=20
out of the garage!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Yesterday after 3, one of the wrens was =
feeding at=20
my ground feeder in the presence of a squirrel! The wren(s) hanged =
around for a=20
while after that.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I heard the male singing around 7am =
this morning.=20
He used at least three different song types, including a distinct one:=20
"cheer-walla-cheer-walla-cheer-walla-cheer-walla-cheer." A very loud =
bird (I=20
could even hear him from downstairs!)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>At about 3pm today, a birding couple =
came to see=20
the wrens. The male was heard singing across Glenwood. There is a big =
marsh area=20
over there. I know one of the neighbors over there and I'll talk to her =
about it=20
and see if it has&nbsp;possible nesting sites. A little after that, the =
birders=20
saw one of the wrens in Mary Seigler's (dark brown house)&nbsp;feeder =
closest to=20
her house, on the north side of her house. They said that they had some=20
excellent views of the wren.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thank you to all who have been coming =
to see these=20
birds. It's real nice that everyone is so interested in them! Hope =
spring's=20
around the corner--</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Alyssa DeRubeis</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Golden =
Valley</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C75A9C.34694260--