[mou] Hennepin Cty: probable catbird

Jim Ryan muchmoredoc@gmail.com
Wed, 3 Jan 2007 22:14:47 -0600

------=_Part_2196_22360979.1167884087730

Hello Birders,

Out and about today in Long Lake I saw a medium sized dark grey bird land in
the road about 25 yards in front of me.  I pulled over to get binos on it
and it appeared to be a catbird.    When it flew up into some buckthorn
seconds later, I thought I saw a flash of white near the outer retrices
(tail feathers).  Suddenly I thought 'Solitaire?'   But overall it was too
catbirdish; dark cap, slightly long and decurved bill, uniform dark head,
body, wing and tail and NO eye ring.

I hung around for 5 minutes or so pishing but could not refind it.  I had to
drive past the same spot 15 minutes later and did not refind it.

 I called Steve Weston, who was also in the area and managed to look for it
about an hour later and he did not refind it.

The exact location was not far from Old Crystal Bay Road on Fox Street  (cty
84 ) just east of Farview lane in Long Lake.

--
Sincerely,

Jim Ryan
651-308-0234 cell

"A man who dares to waste an hour of time has not discovered the value of
life." - Charles Darwin

------=_Part_2196_22360979.1167884087730

Hello Birders,<br><br>Out and about today in Long Lake I saw a medium sized dark grey bird land in the road about 25 yards in front of me.&nbsp; I pulled over to get binos on it and it appeared to be a catbird.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; When it flew up into some buckthorn seconds later, I thought I saw a flash of white near the outer retrices (tail feathers).&nbsp; Suddenly I thought &#39;Solitaire?&#39;&nbsp;&nbsp; But overall it was too catbirdish; dark cap, slightly long and decurved bill, uniform dark head, body, wing and tail and NO eye ring.

------=_Part_2196_22360979.1167884087730--