[mou] Green-tailed Towhee

janiceculver@comcast.net janiceculver@comcast.net
Sun, 07 Jan 2007 03:58:37 +0000

--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_12850_1168142317_0

Brett and I made the 2 hour trip to Mountain Lake, MN from West St Paul Saturday arriving at 2:15pm and patiently waited until 4:10pm to see the green-tailed Towhee for a couple of brief but wonderful looks. It was with a bunch of house sparrows feeding on the ground below the previously described feeders at the home in Mountain Lake. We saw it last in the bush just to the north of the feeder, then it flew north to the neighboring yard that has a platform feeder which is harder to see from the road. It was a beautiful view with the setting sun bringing out the bright green color of the bird with it's russet cap! Good luck to all who go to see the bird.

Janice Culver
--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_12850_1168142317_0

<DIV>Brett and I made the 2 hour trip to Mountain Lake, MN from West St Paul&nbsp;Saturday arriving at 2:15pm and patiently waited until 4:10pm to see the&nbsp;green-tailed Towhee for a couple of brief&nbsp;but wonderful looks. It was with a bunch of house sparrows feeding on the&nbsp;ground below the previously described&nbsp;feeders at the home in Mountain Lake. We saw it last in the bush just to the north of the feeder, then it flew north to the neighboring yard that has a platform feeder&nbsp;which is harder to see from the road. It was a beautiful view with the setting sun&nbsp;bringing out the&nbsp;bright green color of the bird with it's russet cap! Good luck to all who go to see the bird.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Janice Culver</DIV></body></html>

--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_12850_1168142317_0--