[mou] Carpooling to see the Green-tailed Towhee

Bernard P. Friel wampy@att.net
Tue, 09 Jan 2007 18:58:35 -0600

It was seen today. I spent most of the day photographing it, and it was cold
and very windy. The GT however did cooperate and made 6 or 7 trips to the
area under the feeder.
   A local birder , Lester Rupp, with the permission of the homeowner
brought over his very mobile Fish house together with 2 chairs and a propane
heater to use as a warming house and blind. While the warming house was
greatly appreciated, neither the GT nor any of the other birds were troubled
by my presence with the tripod and camera 25-30 feet away from the feeder
location.
     Leonard has left the warming house-blind for the use of other
photographers and I hereby extend much thanks to him for providing  me with
warm shelter today and for leaving it there for others to use as well....and
to the homeowner for her patience in permitting us this opportunity to
observe and photograph this rare visitor.

Bernie Friel
--
Bernard P. Friel
Web Page - http://www.wampy.com