[mou] Snowy Owl events!

Dilray3@aol.com Dilray3@aol.com
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 17:22:17 EST

--part1_d1f.436e1e4.32d81299_boundary

When we want to bird areas that have NO TRESPASSING SIGNS and Private=20
Property areas we need to get permission.   The general public and area busi=
nesses=20
are spooked and suspicious of people with cameras and binoculars that show u=
p on=20
their property when they do not know why they are there.    Remember most=20
people are self absorbed so they think we are looking and taking pictures of=
=20
them.   To us there is only beauty - peacefulness and tranquility associated=
 with=20
our bins/cameras.   Too bad not all know about this other world of ours.  =20
kathryn young Mpls/Sarasota Florida
  =20

In a message dated 1/10/07 4:03:48 PM, smithville4@charter.net writes:

> [...]
uck.=A0=20
> I got off I-35 onto Grand Avenue going near the Duluth Zoo and this truck=20
> was still following me!=A0 I pulled over on a side street and the truck sl=
owed=20
> down,=A0 the driver looked at me for a few seconds and continue on. =A0I g=
ot back=20
> onto Grand Avenue and decided to follow him back to the lumber company to=20
> inform the managers I do not like this sort of harassment.=A0 If I drove h=
ome then=20
> what? would they come out to get physical with me?=A0=A0Would this=A0 pers=
on=A0write=20
> down=A0my address down and do some drive bys to harass me or intimidate me=
?=A0 So=20
> I called the police from my truck to inform them of this harassment.=A0 I=20
> noticed the truck did not take the Port Terminal exit but there was yet an=
other=20
> truck following me!=A0 So I exited off I-35 on 5th Ave. W and decided to d=
rive=20
> to the Police headquarters. The truck followed me all the way to the polic=
e=20
> headquarters where I parked along the 4th Avenue and then the truck double=
d=20
> park next to me to block me in!=A0 I got out of my truck and walked to his=
 window=20
> to show him the photos of the owl but he was on his cell phone.=A0 So two=20
> police officers came out and I talked to one officer and the driver to tal=
ked to=20
> the other guy.=A0 The police officer told me that ALL Port Terminal is bas=
ically=20
> private property and has a high security. He told me next time I wanted to=
=20
> take photos of wildlife that is on private property=A0in the Port Terminal=
=20
> area=A0I needed to get the owners permission to do so.=A0 The other police=
 officer who=20
> questioned the other guy, came over to me to say "I am to stay away from=20
> their business and if I do=A0return, =A0the employees of that business can=
 do=20
> whatever is necessary to hold me till officers arrive"=A0 I was shocked to=
 hear this=20
> and I asked "even follow me to my residence"?=A0 The officer says "anythin=
g!=20
> just=A0stay from their business".=A0
>=20
>  =A0
>=20
>  I noticed that the other guy was wearing a Hilltopper hockey jacket and=20
> most likely a parent=A0whose son=A0plays hockey for the school.=A0 I told=20=
the guy I=20
> graduated from Cathedral/Marshall and know the hockey coach very well.=A0=20=
When=20
> the police officer left, I walked backed to my truck and finally the other=
 guy=20
> says "next time you want to take pictures down there get my permission fir=
st"=20
> I thought "huh"?
>=20
>  =A0
>=20
>  So warning to all birders do not even think about driving down the pave=20
> road beyond the UPS building because according to one of the Duluth police=
=20
> officers if they ( any of the business employees or owners ) see anyone on=
 their=20
> property which might include the road, they can physically pin you down, b=
lock=20
> your car,=A0 follow you to your home and anything they can do to hold you=20=
till=20
> the police arrive!=A0 Now I know very little about the laws in this countr=
y=20
> and maybe there is a lawyer reading this but my question is this, can empl=
oyees=20
> of a business leave their property and get in their personal trucks and=20
> follow you around town if they suspect you doing something criminal?=A0 Th=
e police=20
> officer called it a Citizen Arrest.
>=20
>  =A0
>=20
>  Ever since 911 the Port Terminal is on high alert so beware of that!
>=20
>  =A0
>=20
>  Michael Hendrickson
> Duluth, Minnesota
> http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/
>=20
>=20

--part1_d1f.436e1e4.32d81299_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Gen=
eva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2">When we want to bird areas that have NO=
 TRESPASSING SIGNS and Private Property areas we need to get permission.&nbs=
p;  The general public and area businesses are spooked and suspicious of peo=
ple with cameras and binoculars that show up on their property when they do=20=
not know why they are there.&nbsp;&nbsp;  Remember most people are self abso=
rbed so they think we are looking and taking pictures of them.&nbsp;  To us=20=
there is only beauty - peacefulness and tranquility associated with our bins=
/cameras.&nbsp;  Too bad not all know about this other world of ours.&nbsp;=20=
 kathryn young Mpls/Sarasota Florida<BR>
&nbsp;  <BR>
<BR>
In a message dated 1/10/07 4:03:48 PM, smithville4@charter.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE CITE STYLE=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px;=20=
MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px" TYPE=3D"CITE"></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#0=
00000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2"><BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#800000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"=
2">The owl was seen along the pave road that leads out to the bay beyond the=
 UPS building.</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSS=
ERIF" SIZE=3D"2"><BR>
<BR>
 =A0<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#800000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"=
2"> WARNING!</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSER=
IF" SIZE=3D"2"><BR>
<BR>
 =A0<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#800000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"=
2"> I parked my Yukon right in front of the "No Trespassing" sign and was re=
ady to take some digiscope photos near my truck=A0of the owl when a tour bus=
 came by and spooked the owl on=A0one of the=A0nearby =A0lumber company buil=
dings close to my Yukon.=A0 I walked maybe 50 yards beyond the sign ( my fau=
lt but I thought all I am doing is taking a photo of a owl )and then a fork=20=
lift operator asked me what I was doing.=A0 I told him about the owl on top=20=
of the building. He told me I had to leave the area. I did so right away and=
 walked backed to my Yukon. I then decided to take some long shot photos of=20=
the owl=A0since I was not=A0parked on private property.=A0 I took 10 photos=20=
and left. I noticed as I left a truck pulling out of the parking lot and was=
 right behind me.=A0 I called Kim Eckert to notify him about the owl and sti=
ll keeping an eye on this truck.=A0 I got off I-35 onto Grand Avenue going n=
ear the Duluth Zoo and this truck was still following me!=A0 I pulled over o=
n a side street and the truck slowed down,=A0 the driver looked at me for a=20=
few seconds and continue on. =A0I got back onto Grand Avenue and decided to=20=
follow him back to the lumber company to inform the managers I do not like t=
his sort of harassment.=A0 If I drove home then what? would they come out to=
 get physical with me?=A0=A0Would this=A0 person=A0write down=A0my address d=
own and do some drive bys to harass me or intimidate me?=A0 So I called the=20=
police from my truck to inform them of this harassment.=A0 I noticed the tru=
ck did not take the Port Terminal exit but there was yet another truck follo=
wing me!=A0 So I exited off I-35 on 5th Ave. W and decided to drive to the P=
olice headquarters. The truck followed me all the way to the police headquar=
ters where I parked along the 4th Avenue and then the truck doubled park nex=
t to me to block me in!=A0 I got out of my truck and walked to his window to=
 show him the photos of the owl but he was on his cell phone.=A0 So two poli=
ce officers came out and I talked to one officer and the driver to talked to=
 the other guy.=A0 The police officer told me that ALL Port Terminal is basi=
cally private property and has a high security. He told me next time I wante=
d to take photos of wildlife that is on private property=A0in the Port Termi=
nal area=A0I needed to get the owners permission to do so.=A0 The other poli=
ce officer who questioned the other guy, came over to me to say "I am to sta=
y away from their business and if I do=A0return, =A0the employees of that bu=
siness can do whatever is necessary to hold me till officers arrive"=A0 I wa=
s shocked to hear this and I asked "even follow me to my residence"?=A0 The=20=
officer says "anything! just=A0stay from their business".=A0</FONT><FONT COL=
OR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2"><BR>
<BR>
 =A0<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#800000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"=
2"> I noticed that the other guy was wearing a Hilltopper hockey jacket and=20=
most likely a parent=A0whose son=A0plays hockey for the school.=A0 I told th=
e guy I graduated from Cathedral/Marshall and know the hockey coach very wel=
l.=A0 When the police officer left, I walked backed to my truck and finally=20=
the other guy says "next time you want to take pictures down there get my pe=
rmission first" I thought "huh"?</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Genev=
a" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2"><BR>
<BR>
 =A0<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#800000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"=
2"> So warning to all birders do not even think about driving down the pave=20=
road beyond the UPS building because according to one of the Duluth police o=
fficers if they ( any of the business employees or owners ) see anyone on th=
eir property which might include the road, they can physically pin you down,=
 block your car,=A0 follow you to your home and anything they can do to hold=
 you till the police arrive!=A0 Now I know very little about the laws in thi=
s country and maybe there is a lawyer reading this but my question is this,=20=
can employees of a business leave their property and get in their personal t=
rucks and follow you around town if they suspect you doing something crimina=
l?=A0 The police officer called it a Citizen Arrest.</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#0=
00000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2"><BR>
<BR>
 =A0<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#800000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"=
2"> Ever since 911 the Port Terminal is on high alert so beware of that!</FO=
NT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2"><=

<BR>
 =A0<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#800000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"=
2"> Michael Hendrickson<BR>
Duluth, Minnesota<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"=
2"><A HREF=3D"http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/">http://webpages.ch=
arter.net/mmhendrickson/</A></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" F=
AMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2"><BR>
<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSE=
RIF" SIZE=3D"2"><BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"=
2"></FONT></HTML>
--part1_d1f.436e1e4.32d81299_boundary--