[mou] Townsend's Solitaire at Afton SP

Cheryl Steinmueller csteinmuel@prodigy.net
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 14:36:33 -0800 (PST)

--0-1727661779-1168554993=:713

I'll try sending this again.  My computer froze midway through sending it.

    Arrived at Afton SP office about 12;30 PM.  Ran into John Quinn on the path down to the beach and he gave us exact directions of where he had just seen the Townsend's Solitaire 30 minutes earlier. Our chances seemed good for locating our target bird! Of course, by the time we hiked in, another 20-25 minutes had elapsed.  We found the two cardinals that he had seen but never found the Eastern Bluebirds or the TS.  We stayed until 2:45, listening and searching in the spots where the bird has been spotted, but came up empty.  At least it was an amazingly warm day and fun to be out hiking.

  Cheri Steinmueller
  Little Canada