[mou] Re: Spring Owl Monitoring Survey

dgrosshu@nrri.umn.edu dgrosshu@nrri.umn.edu
Thu, 18 Jan 2007 17:22:01 GMT

Spring Owl Monitoring Volunteers Needed

Who doesn't love the experience of hearing owls in the night??  The spring
breeding season is the best time to hear owls courting, and we need your help
to count them up!

The 2007 Western Great Lakes Spring Owl Monitoring Project is seeking
volunteers to help complete owl surveys throughout the entire state of
Minnesota.  Volunteers will be assigned an existing route, and will be asked to
survey their route once during each of 3 survey periods.  Routes are 9 miles
long; volunteers will stop at 1 mile intervals and listen for a 2 minute period
at each stop.

Survey periods are: March 9-18, March 19-Apr 8 and Apr 9-22.

More details are available at our website:
http://www.hawkridge.org/research/springowl.html

If you're interested in participating in this project, please contact Julie
O'Connor, Owl Monitoring Volunteer Coordinator at: jpmcocon@aol.com or
joconnor@hawkridge.org .

Julie O’Connor
Owl Monitoring Volunteer Coordinator