[mou] SE down to Whitewater

Steve Weston sweston2@comcast.net
Sun, 21 Jan 2007 01:48:33 -0600

Birded down to Whitewater today (Saturday).

missed the Gyr on 180th, but didn't hang around.

Sharp-shinned Hawk (Highway 50 & US 61) near Miesville
Kestrels along CR4 south of Lake City
Horn Larks numerous
Lapland Longspurs CR14 near state 52 near Plainview
E. Bluebirds (3) along Highway 74 (Whitewater) Winona Co.
Red-wing Blackbirds (~500) same place.  95% males
Could not find the Snowy Owl about 1pm, so I returned at about 4:30.  Looked
extensively in area and finally about an hour later as light was fading I
found it atop a silo on the Lehnertz farm on 595th Street east of CR 14.

sweston2@comcast.net