[mou] falconer on 180th

John Kellner jkellner@usfamily.net
Sat, 27 Jan 2007 17:15:22 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C74236.BA9A2580

My name is John Kellner, I am the falconer the four gentlemen where =
spying on. All of this drama could have been prevented if these men were =
straight forward enough to approach me in the field. While I am not =
given to entertaining strangers, I certainly would have been kind enough =
to explain what I was doing. It would seem, the need to do so, is =
becoming more of a requirement these days.

I find it disappointing that of all the reasons listed here as to my =
activity, none was offered as to that of an innocent nature. Why is =
that? It so happens that I have been training falcons at this location =
for more than 10 years. I have been at this site 2 - 4 times each week =
for the last 6 weeks.

Was I aware there was a Gyr 4 miles away? No. Would I have flown my bird =
if I had known, of course. There is a mature Bald Eagle in the immediate =
area that is of concern also. We also have to contend with wild =
Peregrines that go thru from time to time. But if I let all these =
obstacles stop me, I would never leave the house. As to the waterfowl, =
If they interfere with my ability to train my bird, than I would move, =
they have not.

It would seem, some of you are willing to make judgments based on your =
limited perception of animal behavior. I believe you are at a =
disadvantage as you have not considered options that you obviously are =
not aware of.

As for the hunting season in Minnesota, small game is legal until the =
end of February. Migratory waterfowl ended January 13 or 14, I am not =
sure. I very seldom hunt ducks in Minnesota, and never field ducks. =
There is no regulation as to a season in which to train raptors.

Hopefully, in the future we can replace conjecture with communication.=20

--- http://USFamily.Net/dialup.html - $8.25/mo! -- http://www.usfamily.net/dsl.html - $19.99/mo! ---

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C74236.BA9A2580

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My name is John Kellner, </FONT><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>I am the&nbsp;falconer the four gentlemen where spying on. All =
of this=20
drama could have been prevented if these men were straight forward =
enough to=20
approach me in the field. While I am not given to entertaining =
strangers, I=20
certainly would have been kind enough to explain what I was doing. It =
would=20
seem, the need to do so, is becoming more of a requirement these=20
days.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I find it disappointing that&nbsp;of =
all the=20
reasons listed here as to my activity, none was&nbsp;offered as to that =
of an=20
innocent nature. Why is that? It so happens that I have been training =
falcons at=20
this location&nbsp;for more than 10 years. I&nbsp;have been&nbsp;at this =
site 2=20
- 4 times each week for the last 6 weeks.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Was I aware there was a Gyr 4 miles =
away? No. Would=20
I have flown my bird if I had known, of course. There is a mature Bald =
Eagle in=20
the immediate area that is of concern also. We also have to contend with =
wild=20
Peregrines that go thru from time to time. But if I let all these =
obstacles stop=20
me, I would never leave the house. As to the waterfowl, If they =
interfere with=20
my ability to train my bird, than I would move, they have =
not.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>It would seem, some of you are willing =
to make=20
judgments based on your limited perception of animal behavior. =
I&nbsp;believe=20
you are at a disadvantage as you have not considered options that=20
you&nbsp;obviously are&nbsp;not aware of.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>As for the hunting season in Minnesota, =
small=20
game&nbsp;is legal&nbsp;until the end of February. Migratory waterfowl =
ended=20
January 13 or 14, I am&nbsp;not sure. I very seldom hunt ducks in =
Minnesota, and=20
never field ducks. There is no regulation as to a season in which to =
train=20
raptors.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Hopefully, in the future we can replace conjecture with =
communication.=20
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

</center></p>

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C74236.BA9A2580--