[mou] falconer on 180th

Jesse Ellis jme29@cornell.edu
Sun, 28 Jan 2007 01:07:34 -0500

--============_-1042158009==_ma============

I had the same reaction as John to the series of posts about the him,
the falconer, and I'm glad he's come forward to explain the
situation, and to let us know how he felt about the responses.  Birds
are enjoyed by many people in many different ways, and birders need
to remember that.

Good birding,
Jesse Ellis
transplanted currently to Ithaca, NY

--
Jesse Ellis, Ph. D. candidate
Neurobiology and Behavior

blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
him, the falconer, and I'm glad he's come forward to explain the
situation, and to let us know how he felt about the responses.&nbsp;
Birds are enjoyed by many people in many different ways, and birders
need to remember that.</div>
size="-1">&nbsp;</font></blockquote>
John Kellner, I am the&nbsp;falconer the four gentlemen where spying
on. All of this drama could have been prevented if these men were
straight forward enough to approach me in the field. While I am not
given to entertaining strangers, I certainly would have been kind
enough to explain what I was doing. It would seem, the need to do so,
is becoming more of a requirement these days.</font></blockquote>
size="-1">&nbsp;</font></blockquote>
disappointing that&nbsp;of all the reasons listed here as to my
activity, none was&nbsp;offered as to that of an innocent nature. Why
is that? It so happens that I have been training falcons at this
location&nbsp;for more than 10 years. I&nbsp;have been&nbsp;at this
site 2 - 4 times each week for the last 6 weeks.</font></blockquote>
size="-1">&nbsp;</font></blockquote>
there was a Gyr 4 miles away? No. Would I have flown my bird if I had
known, of course. There is a mature Bald Eagle in the immediate area
that is of concern also. We also have to contend with wild Peregrines
that go thru from time to time. But if I let all these obstacles stop
me, I would never leave the house. As to the waterfowl, If they
interfere with my ability to train my bird, than I would move, they
have not.</font></blockquote>
size="-1">&nbsp;</font></blockquote>
seem, some of you are willing to make judgments based on your limited
perception of animal behavior. I&nbsp;believe you are at a
disadvantage as you have not considered options that
you&nbsp;obviously are&nbsp;not aware of.</font></blockquote>
size="-1">&nbsp;</font></blockquote>
hunting season in Minnesota, small game&nbsp;is legal&nbsp;until the
end of February. Migratory waterfowl ended January 13 or 14, I
am&nbsp;not sure. I very seldom hunt ducks in Minnesota, and never
field ducks. There is no regulation as to a season in which to train
raptors.</font></blockquote>
size="-1">&nbsp;</font></blockquote>
in the future we can replace conjecture with
communication.</font></blockquote>
size="-1">&nbsp;</font></blockquote>
size="-1">&nbsp;</font></blockquote>
size="-1">&nbsp;</font></blockquote>