[mou] Longspur Help

Pastor Al Schirmacher PastorAl@PrincetonFreeChurch.net
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 14:23:51 -0600

Have been enjoying the mixed flocks of Lapland Longspurs, Horned Larks &
Snow Buntings in the area over the last week.

This morning I stopped along Sherburne CR 5 near the Auto Tour to look
through a flock along the side of the road.  Mixed in with the flock was a
longspur with a very red nape and yellow on the side of the face.

I refuse to rush to rash conclusions.  Do Laplands sometimes occur with
significant yellow on the face, perhaps prior to "blacking up"?

As much as office time allows, have done some due diligence today, without
success.  Earliest occurence of a Chesnut-collared in MN that I've found is
April 7th - and there have been virtually no occurences in central MN
(unless one includes Aitkin).

Welcome input!

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN