[mou] Hawk Owl

Philip C Stouffer pstouffer@lsu.edu
Tue, 6 Mar 2007 13:52:46 -0600

Greetings Minnesota birders,

This last post is a good one for me use to introduce myself to the group.
I'm coming to Minneapolis for a conference later today, and after the
meeting (Friday and Saturday) I plan to head to Duluth for monster owls and
a few other specialties hardly ever seen in Louisiana (ok- never seen in
Louisiana).  I'd appreciate any insights on finding Great Gray and Northern
Hawk owls, which are my main targets.  Other than that, I'd love to see
Bohemian Waxwing, Northern Shrike, and any crossbills, redpolls and
buntings.  I've been lurking on the list for a while, so I have some of the
recent reports from Duluth.  I'd appreciate any suggestions, or a birding
companion.

By the way, parulas are back and singing here in south Louisiana.

thanks,

Phil

Philip C. Stouffer
Associate Professor
School of Renewable Natural Resources
227 RNR Building (mail), 329a (office)
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA 70803-6202
225-578-4221, fax 4227
http://www.rnr.lsu.edu/pstouffer/default.htm
pstouffer at lsu dot edu

                      "MARTELL, Mark"
                      <MMARTELL@audubon        To:       "MOU - Net (E-mail)" <mou-net@cbs.umn.edu>
                      .org>                    cc:       (bcc: Philip C Stouffer/pstouffer/LSU)
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [mou] Hawk Owl
                      mou-net-admin@cbs
                      .umn.edu

                      03/06/2007 10:50
                      AM

 A birder from Salt Lake City is going to Sax Zim tomorrow and Thur.  via
Duluth. Is the Hawk Owl still being seen in Duluth?

Mark Martell
Director of Bird Conservation
Audubon Minnesota
2357 Ventura Drive #106
St. Paul, MN 55125
651-739-9332
651-731-1330 (FAX)
http://mn.audubon.org

To donate to Audubon Minnesota online, visit our secure site at <
http://mn.audubon.org/support_ways.html>