[mou] MRVAC - Wright County Birding Day - Field Trip Report - 3/6/2007

CRAIG MANDEL EgretCMan@msn.com
Tue, 6 Mar 2007 19:27:27 -0600

March 6, 2007
Minnesota River Valley Audubon Chapter
Wright County Birding Day
Field Trip Report

Spent the day bird watching in Wright and Sherburne counties.  The cold
weather and snow at times, limited some of locations we had planned to bird.
But over all we had a very successful day.  Here are some of the species
that we encounter on the trip.

Trumpeter Swan - Monticello, Swan Park -100s of Swans are still present -
Sherburne CR 1, 2 miles North of CR 4 - Two birds were present on an open
area of the Saint Francis River.
Redhead - a male Redhead was observed on the Mississippi River from Swan
Park
Lesser Scaup - a female Lesser Scaup was observed on the Mississippi River
from Swan Park.
Great Blue Heron - Sherburne CR 1, one block West of CR 87
Red-shouldered Hawk - Sherburne CR 1, .3 miles North of CR 4.  I would
assume that this is the bird reported previously by Pasture Al.
Belted Kingfisher - Observed along the Mississippi River where Highway 25
crosses the river in Monticello.
Lapland Longspur - Wright county - observed in a number of locations along
Eaken Ave. NE and Fenning Ave NE, Sherburne County - 200th St, 1/4 mile
North of Highway 25.
Snow Bunting - Same locations as the Longspurs.

Craig Mandel, Minnetonka, MN
EgretCMan@msn.com