[mou] May schedule

Cyndi Elias cyndielias@juno.com
Wed, 14 Mar 2007 03:58:24 GMT

What would you do if you had the whole month of May (plus early June)
to yourself?

Many years ago I watched the month of May unfurl while stuck in a
hospital room, and since then I've had a special fondness for May and a
desire to enjoy every moment of it.  Becoming a birder has, of course,
strengthened that resolve.

This year I have the opportunity - my employer was laying people off,
with a very nice severance package, so I jumped at the chance.  I'm not
planning to go back to work until at least mid-June.  I'll spend much
of the month of April in the Fort Lauderdale area (see postscript),
then a wedding on Longboat Key May 5th.  I'll return to Minnesota
shortly after the wedding.

In the past I've pictured myself just moving gradually in a northerly
direction, following the birds, but I now see a problem with that.  I
can't spend every night in a hotel (the severance wasn't that good),
and I do have to head home occasionally (feed the cat, do a bit of job
searching...).  So...any suggestions, ideas?  What would you do? =

Please note that this is as much of an enjoy life, savor the
moment-type experience than it is a bird-listing one.

Looking forward to hearing your suggestions,
Cyndi Elias
St. Paul
cyndielias@juno.com

PS: As for Florida, I'll be going and spending my time in Hollywood,
just south of Fort Lauderdale.  I'll have the days free while my
boyfriend works, but will be limited due to sharing a car and having to
drop him off and pick him up from work each day.  I'd like to spend a
decent amount of my time on a "project" of some type, taking a marine
biology course or volunteering on an outdoor project.  Something I
can't do here and hopefully something outside.  So far I haven't found
many possibilities.  Any suggestions on how to spend my time, either
birding or learning or volunteering?