[mou] sandhill cranes

birderguy birderguy@comcast.net
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 19:16:52 -0500

Tonight when I got home I stood outside on my driveway from about 17:40 til 19:00 with the
binos until the Wild game started, I'm about 70% sure that I heard the call of some
Sandhill Cranes off to the south south-west which would put them some where in the area of
the north west corner of Hwy 55 and Co Rd. 116 (Corcoran).. They had to be very low cause
I only heard them for a few seconds, could have been something else but I think it was
SHC..

I also had about 3 Red-tailed Hawks, 1 Sharp-shinned Hawk, 1 Killdeer, some Mallards, and
a bunch of Robins, Common Grackles fly over...

--
Andrew Longtin
Corcoran (Hennepin Co.) Minnesota

Hawk Ridge Bird Observatory Supporter