[mou] Starling Mimicry

Pastor Al Schirmacher PastorAl@PrincetonFreeChurch.net
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 11:53:44 -0500

Have the windows to my office open this morning while studying for the Palm
Sunday sermon.  One of our resident Starlings is having a good time mimicing
an Eastern Wood-Pewee off & on - impressive, but I'm not buying - heard this
story before.

However, he or one of his friends just launched into a credible, brief (but
not perfect) Tufted Titmouse - that drew me outside.

Don't believe I have too many murderous impulses, but this led to short term
starling-icide thoughts.  Has anyone heard a Starling imitate a Titmouse
before?  To this point my top Starling impression was of a Pine Siskin.

Good (but real) birding to all.

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN
Mille Lacs & Sherburne Counties