[mou] Update: Deer fell thru ice

Cathy Gagliardi patcatgags@comcast.net
Tue, 27 Mar 2007 19:12:33 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0080_01C770A3.DFC15CC0

UPDATE: What was thought to be the Police was actually 2 Conservation =
Officers, so the DNR or USFW must have furthered this along to them. The =
2 Officers borrowed a canoe from a neighbor down the way.
  The men axed through the frozen ice just to get to the poor deer. The =
young Doe had its front legs on the ice while the lower half of its body =
was still in the water....poor thing had struggled for an hour and a =
half and it now looked like it may have died from pure exhaustion.
  They carried the deer to the shore (each man holding 2 legs) so it =
truly gave the appearance that the deer was already gone. After a few =
minutes of just laying there, it perked up and ran into a wooded area. =
Mom had exited on the other side of the lake, so I'm sure hoping they =
all reunited again.
  Thanks to ALL who responded with suggestions...
it was a great ending to a very dismal-looking predicament and
 huge Kudos to the Conservation Officers!!
   Cathy Gagliardi

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Cathy Gagliardi=20
To: MOU ; MNBird List=20
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2007 4:19 PM
Subject: Re: [mou] Need HELP: Deer feel thru ice

UPDATE: the Maplewood Police have come out with a canoe (and ax) and are =
trying to help one of the young Doe's now.
Mom got out but the 3rd Deer (a different young Doe) cannot be seen =
anymore...not sure if it got out or drowned.
 Thank you Maplewood Police for coming out!!
   =20
----- Original Message -----=20