[mou] Common Nighthawk in Cohasset, MN.

Ann and Manley Olson a_molson@unidial.com
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 21:45:29 -0500

What you heard was almost certainly a Woodcock.You are not the first to
make such a misidentification. Almost every year there are extremely
early reports of Nighthawks but they are always of birds heard but not
seen.There was one such report in Wisconsin about 10 days ago.The first
Nighthawks show up in mid-April and they are not widespread until
mid-May.I would be suspicious of any heard only Nighthawk report until May.
Manley Olson
Falcon Heights