[mou] archery unit, Spring Lake Park Reserve

linda whyte birds at moosewoods.us
Sun Apr 6 13:19:12 CDT 2008

Just before the rain descended, Jen Vieth and I managed a walk down to the
observation point on the river, and a return hike through part of the
archery range. Next to the parking lot, there were a red-tail hawk and
several bluebirds, hunting. With a water-loving toddler in tow, we were only
able to spot the usual eagles and waterfowl at the point. There was at least
one pie-billed grebe in the bay, among numerous coots, mergansers, etc. In
the woods we found an E. phoebe---a cooperative little thing, who allowed
Vincent (age 23 months or so) a good look, within a few feet---and brown
creeper among the usual suspects, plus (FOY for me) a pair of yellow-bellied
sapsuckers, and a yellow-rumped warbler.

(Still waiting, on that r-c kinglet, winter wren, hermit thrush,......)
Linda Whyte