[mou] Black Scoter-Todd County

Benjamin Fritchman fieldfare21 at hotmail.com
Thu May 15 22:37:15 CDT 2008

This evening, on my way to the Browerville Sewage Ponds, I wondered why I had never seen a scoter there. The main pond is certainly large for a sewage pond. I arrived there at about 7 p.m., and I found an interesting duck that made me get out my scope. I soon realized I was looking at a Black Scoter. I watched it for awhile, and called my grandpa and grandma. They got there soon after, and we enjoyed views together. I didn't expect my first scoter here to be in May, but I'll take it.
--The ponds are located on the southeast side of Browerville, just off Hwy. 71. The bird was going to sleep as we left, so it seems it could easily be there tomorrow.

Ben Fritchman