[mou] Blackburnian warbler photos, and feeder cam

Liz Stanley liz at lizstanley.com
Tue May 20 20:21:11 CDT 2008

This guy was hanging around in my yard late this afternoon. Actually it
was the second time I've seen him there. He gave me enough time to grab my
camera and tripod, but it was still very difficult to follow him as he
moved through the tree branches. I've always found photographing warblers
to be about the hardest type of bird photography.

http://www.pbase.com/gymell/image/97405670
http://www.pbase.com/gymell/image/97405695

Also, my feeder cam is a huge success. Since I'm a computer programmer and
online all day, I can watch it quite a bit from work. I've found that the
birds visit regularly throughout the day, with hardly any length of time
where the feeders are empty of birds. So far I've seen:

Orioles (coming much more often than I realized, and they really scarf
down the mealworms!)
Rose-breasted grosbeaks
All kinds of woodpeckers, including pileated
Indigo buntings
Yellow-headed blackbird and lots of RWBB
The usual cardinals, chickadees, etc.

Not too bad for suburbia! I might have to invest in another camera at some
point to cover the ground level birds. Check the link below in my sig to
see the camera.

--
Liz in Bloomington
liz at lizstanley.com