[mou] Rock Wren refound, Felton

Dedrick Benz benzdedrick@hotmail.com
Mon, 05 Jul 2004 00:32:07 +0000

I saw one of the adult Rock Wrens at about 11AM atop rockpile #6002 on
Sunday.  I spent about an hour waiting, and checking other rockpiles.  My
advice is to be patient and keep your distance while checking out piles
#6002 and #6006.

Other Felton birds:

Greater Prairie Chicken
-Flyby just west of numbered rockpiles
-End of 108; S side of road
-Cty Rd 9 - several miles North of US 10 in field on east side of road

Loggerhead Shrike
-powerlines along 26 between 9 and southern terminus (end) of Longspur Road

Common Terns
-pond by Longspur Road

Upland Sandpipers (very vocal!), Marbled Godwits, CC Longspurs were easy to
find along Longspur Road.

On the way home, I checked the Douglas County Snowy Egret spot to no avail.

All the best,
Dedrick Benz
Winona, MN

MSN 9 Dial-up Internet Access helps fight spam and pop-ups – now 2 months
FREE! http://join.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/