[mou] Carlos Avery this morning, Lake of the Isles this aft

Matt Pierce matt@itascacg.com
Sat, 7 Apr 2007 17:28:23 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0107_01C7793A.24AD4DF0

Checked out Carlos Avery south, east and north of the game farm today =
between 8 and 11:30 AM. We were looking for cranes, which we ultimately =
stumbled upon right at Broadway and Game Farm Road after hearing them =
call for a while. An awesome sight both on the ground and in the air. =
Some other finds: four Woodcock, many Fox Sparrows, three immature Bald =
Eagles, Ring-Necked Ducks, Eastern Phoebes, Swainson's Thrush. Felt like =
January out there.

Also saw three pairs of Red-Breasted Mergansers on Lake of the Isles =
during an afternoon walk. They were in the NW corner, trying to keep out =
of the wind. The males were all napping with their beaks tucked in.

Matt
------=_NextPart_000_0107_01C7793A.24AD4DF0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Checked out Carlos Avery south, east =
and north of=20
the game farm today between 8 and 11:30 AM. We were looking for cranes, =
which we=20
ultimately stumbled upon right at Broadway and Game Farm Road after =
hearing them=20
call for a while. An awesome sight both on the ground and in the air. =
Some other=20
finds: four Woodcock, many Fox Sparrows, three immature Bald Eagles, =
Ring-Necked=20
Ducks, Eastern Phoebes, Swainson's Thrush. Felt like January out=20
there.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Also saw three pairs of Red-Breasted =
Mergansers on=20
Lake of the Isles during an afternoon walk. They were in the NW corner, =
trying=20
to keep out of the wind. The males were all napping with their beaks =
tucked=20
in.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Matt</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0107_01C7793A.24AD4DF0--