[mou] Shorebirds in Martin County & Red-necked Grebes in Blue Earth County

Williams, Bob BXWilliams@CBBURNET.COM
Mon, 9 Apr 2007 08:47:44 -0500

Sunday afternoon I found a handful of shorebirds in a wet field on the
south side of Co. Rd. 8 about 2 miles west of Ceylon(just west of 80th
Ave)in southwest Martin County.  I had American Golden Plover, Baird's
Sandpiper, Pectoral Sandpiper, Greater Yellowlegs and several Wilson's
Snipe.
Earlier I found 2 Red-necked Grebes on Lura Lake in southern Blue Earth
County at the boat launch on the NW side of the lake.
In general many lakes still had ice.  The best lakes for waterfowl were
Lura, Okamanpeedan in southern Martin County and South Walnut in eastern
Faribault County.
Bob Williams, Bloomington    =20