[mou] Faribault County - Long-tailed Duck - + trip highlights for Martin and Faribault counties - 4/21 - 22, 2007

CRAIG MANDEL EgretCMan at msn.com
Sun Apr 22 22:04:05 EDT 2007

April 22, 2007

While leading a Minnesota Birding Weekend group, in Faribault county today.
Wayne Feder observed a pair of Long-tailed Ducks on Pilot Grove lake.  This
was at about 9:00 am and the birds were there when we left at 9:30 am.  Here
are the directions to the lake and some other sighting we had over the last
two days.

4/22/2007
Long-tailed Duck - Faribault County - Pilot Grove lake - The lake is located
on the West side of CR 9, at 60th Street.  The birds were observed on the
West end of the lake from about 9:00 to 9:30 am.

4/21/2007
Martin County
Snow Goose - A flock of Snow Geese were observed just SE of Pierce Lake.
They were feeding in a field along CR 118, 1.5 miles West of CR 27.
Ross's Goose - Several Ross's Geese were observed in with the flock of Snow
Geese.
Osprey
Semipalmated Plover - Highway 263, 1 block East of the town of Ceylon.
Chimney Swift - Observed just East of Pierce Lake.
Purple Martin - In nest boxes in the town of Ceylon.
Brown Thrasher - Cedar Park
Orange-crowned Warbler

4/22/2007
Faribault County
Broad-winged Hawk
Virginia Rail - Pilot Grove Lake
Sora - Pilot Grove Lake
Long-billed Dowitcher - CR 44, 1/4 mile East of Highway 169.
Forster's Tern - Rice Lake - Three Forster's Terns were observed Rice Lake
in the NW portion of the county.
American Pipit

Craig Mandel, Minnetonka, MN
EgretCMan at msn.com