[mou] Ross's Gull

Anthony Hertzel axhertzel at sihope.com
Sat Dec 15 17:30:31 CST 2007

After having not been reported since 2:50 this afternoon, we
relocated the Ross's Gull about 3:45 on the Mississippi River at a
spot of open water just south of the I-494 bridge. Drive south on
Concord Street following the western bank of the river. After passing
beneath I-494, take the first left -- a dead end road that leads to a
wide parking lot. Take the stairs that lead up to the dike and look
to the south for open water frequented by Bald Eagles, goldeneye, and
a few Herring Gulls. The Ross's Gull was actively feeding here, and
at about 4:45 it sat down on the ice shelf where it remained until we
left.

- - -

Anthony Hertzel -- axhertzel at sihope.com