[mou] Floodwood/Meadowlands

Steve Weston sweston2 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 26 01:24:15 CST 2007

Went out on Christmas morning for my annual bird drive through the woods and
bogs of St. Louis County while my wife visited with her relatives.  The
weather was mild and the birds were at times scarce.  While I saw few
mammals, the number of deer (5) was the most I could remember seeing up
there.   I found no raptors or owls.  My relatives who spend much of their
time outdoors had seen many eagles (although not in the last week or so) and
also no owls.  All of the birds were expected.  The most notable were a
Northern Shrike, a Magpie (NE of Meadowlands), Pine Grosbeaks (at several
locations), and Evening Grosbeaks (found along Blue Spruce Road with Pine
Grosbeaks).

sweston2 at comcast.net