[mou] Harlequin & Barrow's at Pt. Douglas

hagsela at aol.com hagsela at aol.com
Mon Dec 31 19:09:05 CST 2007

The male Harlequin Duck and male Barrow's Goldeneye were seen from Pt. Douglas Park this afternoon.? The Harlequin was present when I arrived a little after 3:00.? Many goldeneyes flew in for the next half hour.? After much scanning I found him sleeping.? The black shoulder spur with white checks delineated him from the Commons.? He woke up briefly to allow looks at the cresents on his face and the distinct head shape.
Linda Sparling
Hennepin County