[mou] Shorebird habitat in McLeod Cty.

hagsela at aol.com hagsela at aol.com
Mon Jul 16 02:21:04 CDT 2007

I found a nice bit of mud flat just west of Brownton in McLeod Cty.? There's a small lake south of Cty. 32 with exposed mud on the east end (this is east of hwy 15, west of Brownton.? I observed decent numbers of Least and Pectoral Sandpipers, one Short-billed Dowitcher, and Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs.
Also 2 Western Grebes on Eagle Lake, observed from the public water access.
Linda Sparling