[mou] Oberg Mountain Olive-sided Flycatcher

shawn conrad dingermcduff at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 3 20:57:51 CDT 2007

Well, not exactly....I just figured people might want to try this one while
at Oberg.

As I waited for the hike at Oberg today, I decided to take a hike in the
other direction from the same parking lot (Laveau [sp?] Loop, I think).  The
trail in this direction goes through great conifers where I had great looks
at a singing Cape May early on the trail, lots of Blackburnians as well and
possibly a Bay-breasted (sounded like one, never got a look).  Numerous
other common warblers as well.

About the time I reached the bridge over the Onion River (about 10-15 minute
walk, gentle), I heard a singing Olive-sided Flycatcher.  I hiked just past
the bridge to the hardwoods and was stopped near the big cedar when I heard
a Black-throated Blue Warbler.

Also, the Indigo Buntings and Black-throated Blue were visible on Oberg.

Shawn Conrad
http://users.2z.net/itasca_chippewa_birding/