[mou] Tricolored Heron Refound 6/6

Dedrick Benz benzdedrick at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 7 00:11:28 CDT 2007

I am happy to report that the Lyon County Tricolored Heron was still present
at 6:30 PM Wednesday.  I first spotted the bird flying over the western part
of the marsh, and then it actually settled on the minimum maintenance road
described in Bob Jannsen's post!  After a couple minutes, it flew back over
to the western part of the marsh, and landed out of sight (from my vantage
point anyway) in the cattails, only about 30 yards west of the minimum
maintenance road.  Many Killdeer, Black Terns, and Redheads were also seen
on the road (which is flooded out in sections).  I didn't see any other
Heron/Egret species.

Dedrick Benz
Winona, MN