[mou] Piping Plover Update, Brown Co.

Brian Smith brsmith at sleepyeyetel.net
Wed Jun 13 06:34:48 CDT 2007

Hi,

I thought folks might be interested in knowing that the PIPING PLOVER is still present at the Sleepy Eye sewage ponds.  I saw it a few minutes ago at 6:10 a.m.  This is now the fourth day it's been at the ponds. It was resting on the small gravel bar on the NW pond (which is just to your left at the main entrance) along with what looked to be a dozen Semipalmated Sandpipers.

To get to the sewage ponds, take Highway 4 south out of Sleepy Eye. You'll pass an auto salvage yard on your right about a mile south of town and the entrance road (its not marked) will be about 1/4 mile south of that on your left. It's okay to step over the chain at the gate, the city manager has given birders permission to go in.

Brian Smith