[mou] Sherburne/Mille Lacs; Showstopper Question; No Rarities

Pastor Al Schirmacher pastoral at princetonfreechurch.net
Thu Jun 14 13:34:59 CDT 2007

94 species in the northern Sherburne, southern Mille Lacs area this week,
highlights were two Black Ducks at Sherburne CR2 ponds (county bird #241 -
first I've seen in 3.5 years here - doubly bizarre that I've missed them
during migrations, then have two during the summer) and the Dickcissel
minni-explosion along Mille Lacs 12 that Nathan posted last evening.

With migration pretty well over, started thinking about common
"showstoppers".  What resident/nesting birds cause you to stop, observe
and/or listen?  For me, Pileated Woodpeckers and Scarlet Tanagers are always
worth a pause or two.

Thanks to all who answered my Twin Cities inquiry!

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN
Mille Lacs & Sherburne Counties