[mou] GTGrackle/Jackson, Nelsons STSparrow/Clay, others

JELLISBIRD at aol.com JELLISBIRD at aol.com
Sun Jun 17 21:25:40 CDT 2007

    Early Friday AM after missing at wetland SE of St. James I saw and
faintly heard two Great Tailed Grackles in Jackson County. From MN 86 go west  on
Jackson Cnty 4 and then north on the first gravel road. From this road about .3
or .4 miles north of Jackson 4, you can look down (east) into a marsh between
this road and MN 86. There is a partly obscured fence post and rail that one
of the Grackles favors as a perch. The other one was plying back and forth to
another smaller wetland north of the first one and behind an abandoned
farmstead. Saw 5 Black-Crowned Night Herons in "V" for-
mation flying south near this location (presumably from Heron Lake environs.)
I didn't know they flew in formation.
    Missed again on finding the errant Tri-colored Heron.
    Heard two of the Nelson's Sharp-Tailed Sparrows along Clay 26 reported
earlier by Connie Brunell. They didn't start until 1:20 AM on Saturday the 16th.
    Had a Yellow-Billed Cuckoo carrying nesting material near my cabin in NE
Douglas County yesterday and today (Sunday.)

        John Ellis-St. Paul
http://www.aol.com.</HTML>