[mou] White-eyed and Bell's Vireo in Pipestone County.

Bill Unzen bill.unzen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 01:30:51 CDT 2007

Between 5:05 and 5:25PM today, June 18th, I refound the White-eyed Vireo
reported by Keith Pulles four days ago at the Pipestone National Monument.
It could be heard singing as soon as I stepped out of the visitor's center.
It was seen primarily in the small group of trees and sumac near trail
marker 4.

Shortly after I left the monument I heard and then saw a Bell's Vireo in the
residential area of Pipestone. It was along 2nd St in the west-central part
of town.

The Pipestone sewage lagoons were productive with 2 Black-bellied Plovers,
Franklin's Gulls, a Marbled Godwit and a higher diversity of waterfowl then
I expected including Lesser Scaup, Ring-necked Ducks, American Wigeon,
Northern Pintail, Green-winged Teal, and Hooded Mergansers.

At least one male Great-tailed Grackle is still present at Engbarth slough
in NE Pipestone County.

Bill Unzen
Lac Qui Parle County