[mou] Ft. Snelling prothonotary--thanks!

Karen Kraco karenkraco at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 24 17:17:10 CDT 2007

Here are three sets of directions I found helpful. Karen

  Out of the parking lot take path to river,at the river go right and you will walk under the Mendota bridge, and on your left you will see a upright pvc pipe  the bird is on the right about 5yards from the pipe.

  From the visitor center parking lot, head toward the river.  I saw the bird about 50 yards before the T where the path goes by the river.

  I just stopped by there today and saw a male singing away....  after you enter the park, follow the signs for the gift shop and park on the far side of the parking lot in front of the gift shop.  On that side, a path goes into the woods.  Follow that path to a bridge, and go right ( underneath  bridge). On the other side of the bridge, a couple hundred feet up on the right side of the path, is where I saw him today.  Listen for him singing, he's quite loud :-)  Hope you see him-

Jason Bolish <jbolish5565 at comcast.net> wrote:
          Hey - need directions to the Fort Snelling Prothonotary Warbler please.  I have a park map, just need to know where 'the bridge' is...

  Thanks,

  Jason Bolish