[mou] summer Black-throated Green Warbler in Minneapolis

Steve Greenfield tapaculo at halcyon.ws
Sat Jun 30 13:01:20 CDT 2007

I was surprised to be awakened this morning by the singing of a
Black-throated Green Warbler (male breeding plumage).  This was at 34th &
Girard in South Minneapolis.  According to Janssen (1987), they formerly
bred in the Big Woods area, but I assumed that nowadays they only summer in
the northern part of the state.

(I was particularly surprised because I never heard a single one during this
May, one of the examples why this year's migration seemed catastrophically
bad.)

Stephen Greenfield
Minneapolis
tapaculo at halcyon.ws