[mou] mockingbird in Bloomington

tapaculo at halcyon.ws tapaculo at halcyon.ws
Thu May 3 23:43:26 EDT 2007

I heard and saw a mockingbird on the south side of Normandale Lake in Bloomington
around noon Thursday, singing strenuously from a tree-top.

Speaking of southern species spreading north, it's startling how much more
common gnatcatchers are in Minneapolis than they used to be.

Finally, I usually find most migrants arrive about the same date each year,
regardless of the weather, but I heard several Tennessee Warblers on my street
in Minneapolis this morning... that's early.

Steve Greenfield
Minneapolis
tapaculo at halcyon.ws