[mou] Colorado Birding Guides

Stan & Molly Jo Miller Johnson johnson-miller at msn.com
Sat May 5 12:08:01 EDT 2007

Greetings Birders,

I will be in the Denver and the Rocky Mountain National Park area near
the end of June and was wondering if anyone could recommend good
birding guide books?  I see I have choices of about 10 or more and,
based on the descriptions given for them, I'm not sure which would be
best.

Usually I like to buy two books when birding on vacation:  One that
gives detailed location information for the area, similar to Kim R.
Eckert's "A Birder's Guide to Minnesota" and a second book that shows
pictures of the birds, descriptions and a map showing where they are
found, similar to National Geographic's, but with the birds more
limited to the area I'll be visiting.  (I will also take my National
Geographic field guide for overall coverage.)

If anyone has recommendations, I would appreciate it if you would go
ahead and back-channel the information to me.

Thanks in advance.

Molly Jo Miller
Dakota County