[mou] Carver Park Reserve-Carver County-9 Warbler Species

John Cyrus cyrus150 at hotmail.com
Sat May 5 11:55:08 EDT 2007

Persistence paid off, and I was able to find a decent variety this morning

Blue-winged Warbler(1 seen, 2 others heard all along the road leading to
King Blind)
Black-throated Green Warbler(1 near the Tamarack bog)
Tennessee Warbler(1 near Tamarack bog)
Nashville Warbler(1 southwest of Crosby Lake on what I think is a remote
part of the Lake Trail.  It's not not very worn, and in the summer it
becomes overgrown into what looks like a deer trail)
Black and White Warbler(3)
Palm Warbler(6)
Yellow Warbler(1)
Yellow-Rumped Warbler(8, numbers have dropped off dramatically)
American Redstart(1 seen, 2 others heard)

Other Birds

Bobolink(1 along side a Western??? Meadowlark southwest of Crosby Lake)
Blue-headed Vireo(1 near the Tamarack Bog)
Least Flycatcher(2 along the Lake Trail and Maple Trail)
Clay-colored, Field, Song, Swamp, Chipping, and White-throated Sparrows.
Only 1 White-throated Sparrow.  The rest were common.

John