[mou] Birding Today

Joel Claus jclaus13 at msn.com
Fri May 11 22:00:44 EDT 2007

I birded Goodhue county this morning (Hok-si-La and Frontenac).  The birding
was on the slow side and most warbler species (15) in found in ones or twos
except for Tennessee and Redstart which were numerous.  Also lots of Great
Crested Flycatchers and Orioles.  Only saw 74 species between the two sites.

Stopped by Lake Byllesby and 140th on the way home.  Neither spot had much
for Shorebirds.  Only saw a couple of distant Yellowlegs at Byllesby despite
lots of mudflats and 7 Spotted Sandpipers was it for 140th.

Highlight of the day was stopping by Diamond Lake this afternoon and finally
seeing the Neotropic Cormorant.  It was still present when I left at 4:30
PM.