[mou] 21 Warbler Weekend Anoka/Scott Counties

Jason Bolish jbolish5565 at comcast.net
Sun May 13 14:52:36 EDT 2007

77 Species this weekend, 19 different Warblers in Locke Park/Springbrook (Anoka County - Saturday) and 9 different in Murphy-Hanrehan (Scott County - Sunday.)  Highlights:
*Hooded Warbler - Murphy Hanrehan - singing loudly at marker 13 this morning, easily seen from trail.  Though there was a lot of traffic there today, he was still singing when I went back through at Noon.
*Cerulean Warblers (2) - One seen & heard between the 13 & 15 markers, very close to the Hooded Warbler.  Another one seen & heard at the top of a hill between markers 1 & 2.  He was on & around a big dead tree visible on the South side of trail (and also heard in the same place hours later when I passed through again.)
*Mourning Warbler - Singing at eye level on a lower flat in Locke Park.
*Olive-Sided Flycatcher - Life bird in a tree that usually has Brown Thrashers - Springbrook Park
*Lark Bunting possible in Murphy-Hanrehan - Got a quick but good glimpse of a black bird with white wing patches.  Too small to be a Bobolink, don't know what else it could have been.  Was trying to take a pic of it & a Magnolia Warbler landed in front of it, doh.  Would like to hear about any previous Lark Bunting sightings in the area, or if they are known to flock with migrating Warblers.  This bird was along the trail north from marker #31, this path is not on the Park Map.
*Lost my cell phone - If anybody finds a white #88 Nextel phone in Murphy-Hanrehan please let me know so I can call my mom & wish her a happy Mother's Day!

Jason Bolish