[mou] MRVAC Trip Report - Spring Lake Park - May 12th

Richard J Specht rjspecht at juno.com
Sun May 13 15:06:12 EDT 2007

Yesterday, Jeanne and I led a MRVAC trip to Spring Lake Park (Dakota
County).  We started at Schaar's Bluff, then checked the lower unit, and
ended up at 140th Street pond.  There were 9 participants total for
various portions of the day. We saw 69 species total, some of which were:

American White Pelican
Bald Eagle
Hawks: Swainson's, Red-tailed
Plovers: Semi-palmated, Killdeer
Shorebirds: Least, Spotted, Semi-palmated
Woodpeckers: Red-headed, Red-bellied, Downy, Hairy, Northern Flicker
Eastern Kingbird
Vireos: Yellow-throated, Red-eyed, Warbling
Wood Thrush
Gray Catbird
Warblers: Tennessee, Nashville, Yellow, Yellow-rumped, Palm, American
Redstart, Ovenbird, Northern Waterthrush,
                Wilson's, Common Yellowthroat
Scarlet Tanager
Sparrows: Chipping, Clay-colored, Field, Vesper, Song, Lincoln's
Rose-breasted Grosbeak
Baltimore Oriole

The weather was great and we had a good time in the field.

Rick Specht