[mou] MRVAC Trip Report - Lebanon Hills - May 13th

Richard J Specht rjspecht at juno.com
Sun May 13 15:07:02 EDT 2007

Today, Jeanne and I led a MRVAC trip to Lebanon Hills (Dakota County
Park) on the west side of Pilot Knob.  There were two participants.  We
say 45 species total, some of which were:

Ruby-throated Hummingbird
Vireos: Red-eyed, Yellow-throated, Warbling
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Thrushes: Eastern Bluebird, Swainson's Thrush, Wood Thrush
Gray Catbird
Warblers: Blue-winged, Golden-winged, Tennessee, Orange-crowned,
Nashville, Magnolia,
                Palm, American Redstart, Ovenbird, Common Yellowthroat,
Canada
Scarlet Tanager (3 total - more than we usually see on one trip)
Rose-breasted Grosbeak
Baltimore Oriole

It was very windy but there was a lot of singing and many of the birds
were found lower in the trees and brush.

Rick Specht